Craigslist is a great place to post and find a job. The website is easy to navigate, and there is a lot of traffic on the site, which makes it a great place to find a good employee.
There are many different posting types to choose from, so it’s important to know how to place an employment ad on Craigslist correctly to find the best fit for your company.
Here are six tips to help you place an employment ad on Craigslist.
Research and choose the right category for your job listing
While you can pick multiple categories, Craigslist encourages employers to stick to one category that best matches the job posting.
Note that choosing multiple locations and categories will cost extra. However, if you are hiring for multiple locations and designations, you can choose relevant categories and locations.
Include a catchy job opening title that grabs attention
Most candidates start their job search by keying in the job title. Optimizing your job title is important to ensure your job posting on Craigslist is found by qualified candidates.
To ensure this:
- Keep your job title simple and straightforward.
- Use language consistent with your industry.
- Avoid creative or quirky titles such as “Coding Ninja” or “IT Wizard”
- Avoid abbreviations that can be used in different contexts (For instance, “PA” can mean “Physician Assistant,” “Personal Accountant” or “Production Assistant.”)
Write a concise and SEO friendly job description
Your job description needs to present all the relevant information that your candidates need in a concise way. In addition, it is important to make the description SEO friendly.
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and refers to a set of practices used to rank high on search engine results pages.
The goal of making your Craigslist job posting SEO-friendly is to ensure your job postings are visible to candidates who are doing job searches.
Here are some ways to make your copy SEO friendly:
- Include the location, type of work, and salary range in the description
- Include the company name and address
- Structure the ad by breaking it up into separate paragraphs, bullet points, and section headings
- Use keywords in your description to help with SEO – You can use keyword research tools to find relevant keywords for the job posting.
- Consider using images and video ads as they are more likely to capture applicants’ attention
Provide contact information with a link to your company website or a contact form
Providing contact information is vital on Craigslist as not all candidates reply to employers directly on the platform. A great way to do this is to add a link that takes applicants to a contact form.
Ensure your address is displayed on maps by choosing “show on maps” which helps candidates work out the commute involved.
Automate Craigslist job postings
When you need to fast-track your Craigslist job posting, you can rely on Redwood Technology. We specialize in helping you place your employment ad on Craigslist and automate high-volume job postings to attract the right candidates.
Redwood Technology Solutions specialize in a wide range of recruitment process outsourcing services. These include manual job postings, OFCCP Compliance Job Posting, for Federal Compliance, High Volume Craigslist Job Posting, Recruitment Media Buying, and general Business Process Outsourcing. Our team has over 16 years of experience in the staffing, talent acquisition, and recruitment industry. Get in touch today – our team is ready to help customize a solution specific to your company’s needs.